Epworth Mechanics Institute, Lincolnshire.
The clock movement is an electric synchronous T4 movement manufactured by William Potts and Sons. This drives an approximately 2ft square dial GRP dial with a raised wooden border. The dial is gilded with roman numerals, minute, five-minute marks which are between two perimeter outer rings, hands, and the script ‘EMI’, ‘1837’,’19’,’82’ placed sequentially in the four corners of the dial.
The hands on the clock dial were damaged and are possibly interfering with each other. The gilding was fading, and the perimeter wooden frame was in a poor state and in places pieces were missing. We installed a new clock movement and controller, together with a new GRP dial with a new wooden border, and the original gilding replicated, together with a vandal resistant PETG cover glass.