Annual Clock Servicing and Breakdown Visits
Our annual service visit agreement includes
- To attend on site once a year on an agreed planned basis.
- To carry out a full and thorough service of all normally accessible parts of the clock, and bell hammer system.
- Clean and lubricate the relevant accessible parts within the building. This will include the going train, strike train, quarter chime, lead off to dial motion works, dial motion works, clock bell hammers, and hammer connections. We will also attend to any minor problems that can be addressed during the visit.
- To make all appropriate adjustments.
- To leave in good working order, but to report any existing or anticipated problems with recommended action as appropriate.
- For a more detailed listing, please click the Service PDF button which will provide a full listing of the items checked or worked on by our engineers during a service visit.
- Unless specifically agreed as part of the service proposal, a carillon (tune box) would be the subject of a separate agreement.
The service visit does not include the cost of changing from British Summer Time to Greenwich Mean Time or vice versa, also the regulation of the timepiece for the correct timekeeping.
Special rates are available for customers taking advantage of our three year service agreements. These agreements do not require any upfront payment, our invoice is issued once an annual service visit is completed.
We also offer discounts if customers are flexible with regard to the timing of the service visit. This enables us to synchronise visits to other clocks in the area on the same day, thus saving travel costs.
For customers with an annual service contract, we will attend as soon as possible after notification to restore the clock to normal working order. In the case of normal wear and tear or issues caused by third parties or natural causes (electricity failure or storm damage), the visit may be chargeable.
When applicable our charges would include labour including travel time and materials. WE DO NOT CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL SET ‘CALL-OUT’ FEE*.
If the breakdown is of a more serious nature, we will provide a free quotation without obligation detailing the work required to restore the clock to normal working order.
For customers who are not on a Service Contract
We do not charge a ‘call-out’ fee in our home area. Our area is defined as within a 50 mile radius of Nottingham, Derby or Leeds. Should we be asked to attend a ‘call-out’ outside this area, any charges will be made clear to the customer prior to attending.