Dial Restoration – St James Church Badsey, Worcestershire
The 4′-6″ copper convex dial has seen better days. It was installed in 1903, after 118 years it needs a facelift. The the dial and hands were removed to our workshop. The dial and hands were then carefully stripped of all the old paint to see if it had been any other colour during its life on the wall of the church tower. Templates were taken of the chapters and minute marks, these would be used to mark the dial out after it had been painted.