Replacement Dial – West Pier, Scarborough.
The West Pier was begun in 1817 and completed in 1822, William Chapman was the engineer. At the landward end of the pier are impressive Victorian buildings in red brick, housing the fish salesmen and Harbour Offices.
On the top of one of the buildings which used to house the harbour offices, which are now an artists studio is a clock driven by an electric clock movement. The Perspex dial was looking rather dilapidated and needed to be replaced. Our clockmakers measured up for a new dial, and replicated the original. Now the new dial has been installed and looks as it did when it was installed.