Download your free copy of our guide on Reclaiming VAT on Church Repairs
It is possible in certain circumstances to reclaim Vat on Church repairs by means of The Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme. Effective from 1st October 2013 this scheme allows a Church to reclaim vat when repairs cost over £1000.00.
This applies to
- Repairs, maintenance and alteration works to listed buildings that are used principally as places of worship.
- Applies throughout the UK.
- Applies to listed places of worship of all religions and faith groups.
- Only accepts applications made in arrears.
- Only accepts claims where invoices are submitted within 12 months of the invoice date.
- Only accepts an unlimited number of applications where the minimum value of work carried out on any one claim to the scheme is £1000.00 excluding vat. There is an exception that allows one claim below £1000.00, but over £500.00 in any twelve month period.
Simply enter your details below and we will instantly e-mail you our detailed guidance notes and application form free of charge, don’t worry we will never pass on your details to any third party.